Tuesday, May 25, 2010

1000 Photographs in Two Days

Akagera National Park is not well known. Someone needs to do something about that! I ran across a statement that it has wildlife roughly equivalent to the Shamwari Game Reserve...only not as much in terms of gross numbers and distances.

Sue is committed daily in such a way that she is not available for the two days it takes to make the trip to the park. I decided before leaving Rwanda to take two days after the marathon experience and go on my own. I contracted with Freddie to pick me up and take me to the north end of the park where Uganda, Rwanda and Tansania come together. As we entered the park I took photographs of zebra grazing in the same vicinity as domesticated cows. After entering we began to open Noah's arc and I took photos of giraffes, buffalos, zebras, hippos, monkeys, impalas, bushbucks, baboons, hyenas, antelopes, gazelles, topes, wart hogs, and numerous other birds, mammals, and reptiles.

I have fantasized often about such an experience and finally had it! How great is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment